Defence Attaché’s responsibilities:
- The Defence Attaché is at the disposal of the Defence Minister and is responsible to the Armed Forces Headquarters.
- Under the authority of the Ambassador, he is at the head of the military mission and co-ordinates its actions.
Under his tasks :
- The Defence Attaché supports, makes known and justifies the French Defence Policy; he promotes the capability of its armed forces, its activities and its equipment.
- He is the military advisor of the Ambassador; he assists in prevention or crisis management campaigns.
- The Defence Attaché promotes and leads the bilateral military relations. He is in charge of the military co-operation or assistance actions towards the French-Omani military relations.
- He works for the promotion of the French industry of Defence, as well as for the development of the armament’s co-operation
Ministry of Defence site: http://www.defense.gouv.fr