Covid-19 : international travel certificate
In the perspective of the reopening of flights from Oman (date tbc), these travel certificates are mandatory to travel to France.
In the context of the implementation of the state of health emergency in France, access restrictions to Mainland France and to French Overseas territories are in effect. Every traveler is requested, from 6 April 2020, to fill out and carry one of the following travel certificates according to his situation, together with supporting documents to prove the status claimed (see below) :
- for a trip from mainland France to French overseas territories
- for an international travel from abroad to mainland France
- for an international travel from abroad to French overseas territories
The document is to be presented to transportation companies before boarding, as well as to border control authorities.
In addition, those travelling to France’s overseas collectivities are informed that they will be subject to a health check on their arrival, which may result in the issuing of an order to be placed in quarantine at a dedicated facility or at home.
You can download the certificates on the Ministry of the Interior’s website : https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-derogatoire-et-justificatif-de-deplacement-professionnel.
International travel from abroad to mainland France
- déplaceement international EN
- (PDF - 97.2 kb)
Trip from mainland France to French overseas territories
- Outre-mer depuis métroploe EN
- (PDF - 93.4 kb)
International travel from abroad to French overseas territories
- Outre-mer depuis etranger EN
- (PDF - 99.2 kb)
This is not an exhaustive list, but the following supporting documents may be used:
- to prove main residence: a residence permit in particular, or any administrative document proving residence in France.
- to prove status as a health professional: a certificate from the employing hospital or institution.
- to prove status as a cross-border worker at internal land borders: a certificate from the employer and the address of the company’s headquarters.
- to prove status as a transporter of goods: a certificate from the employer and any document showing where the goods are being delivered.
Broadly speaking, there is no exhaustive list of the documents to provide; the person signing the declaration must be able to prove their status by all possible means.
Only the transport companies and/or staff responsible for border checks are authorized to decide on whether the supporting documents are permissible or not.